Monday, July 27, 2009

My Wings

I crawled in to the box on all fours,
my face to the floor,
I did my best from here until I realized
I could stand on my haunches
But they came with the stick and said
"Back to the floor you filthy animal"
So back I went... but soon after I rose again
Then one day I realized I could stand
But they came with the stick and said
"Back to the floor you filthy animal"
But I only went back to my haunches
Quietly I stood up again.
Then one day I realized I had wings and I could fly.
Soon I started to ascend to the heavens
But I found only the glass ceiling at the top.
Circling, circling I tried to go higher, but I could not.
The box was all there was... but I didn't want to be inside it.
They all said "Leave the box? Are you crazy? You won't be able to fly anymore"
So I cut my wings and crashed to the floor.
I started to crawl out of the box
They hit me with the stick, spat on me and kicked me in the rear
Still, slowly I crawled back out in to the world...
but I had lost my wings

No comments:

Post a Comment